The Victor Babes Museum is located in the north part of the capital, on Andrei Mureșanu Street. The building was built in 1928-1929 by the son of the doctor, Mircea Babes. In 1956, he donated the ground floor of his house to the Romanian state in order to arrange a memorial museum which he himself led until 1968, the year of his death. In July 1986, Mircea Babeș's wife, Sofia, left through the will of the City Hall the floor of the house, which was integrated into the museum's circuit.
The Victor Babes Museum was founded around the memory of the scientist by his son, Mircea Babes. The latter collected his father's belongings from the apartment of the National Institute of Pathology that he used, and exhibited them on the ground floor of his house, which he donated to the capital's mayoralty. The museum is housed in a building built in the eclectic style specific to the 1920's, on the north side of the capital.
Originally built with the purpose of being used as a private dwelling, in a quiet neighborhood, today the building houses a collection dominated by the scientific works of Victor Babes.