Terms and conditions
Use of app on these conditions
All use of the Visit Bucharest Today app and website is on the terms and conditions below. If you do not agree to these conditions, please cease the use of the app immediately. You may print and keep a copy of these terms. They are a legal agreement between us and can only be modified with our consent. We reserve the right to change the terms at our discretion by changing them on the app and website. The services available for purchase on the app and website, such as tours, hotel bookings and shopping are provided by our partners and comprise a contract between the user and our partner. All such sales are on the terms and conditions of the partner and the user which may be accessed from the app and website. The user is responsible for reviewing and accepting the terms and conditions of each partner before making a booking. Because the contract is made between the user and partner, any questions or complaints should be made to the partner direct. To cancel or amend a booking, you must contact the partner directly.
Accuracy of information
We do our best to ensure all information on the app and website. If you find any inaccurate information on the app and website, do let us know and we will correct it. You should independently verify any information before relying upon it. We make no representations that information is accurate and up to date or complete and accept no liability for any loss or damage caused by inaccurate information. You are advised to check directly with the organizers of the event concerned before making any arrangements.
We provide information on this app and on the related website free of any access charge and on the basis of no liability for the information given. In no event shall we be liable to you for any direct or indirect or consequential loss, loss of profit, revenue or good will arising from your use of the app or information on the app and related website. All terms implied by law are excluded, except that we accept liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence and responsibility for fraudulent misrepresentation that cannot, under Romanian law, be excluded.
Any formal legal notices should be sent to us at the address at the end of these Terms by email confirmed by post. Failure by us to enforce a right does not result in waiver of such right. You may not assign or transfer your rights under this agreement.
Visit Bucharest Today is a travel app which is committed to protect and respect your privacy.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our platforms. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our platforms.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our platforms when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our sites and/or the App works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our platforms. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visits to our platforms, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our platforms and any advertising displayed on them more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Remarketing cookies. You may notice that sometimes after visiting a site you see increased numbers of adverts from the site you visited. This is because advertisers, including ourselves, pay for these adverts. The technology to do this is made possible by cookies and as such we may place a so-called „remarketing cookie” during your visit. We use these adverts to offer special offers etc to encourage you to come back to our site. We cannot proactively reach out to you as the process is entirely anonymised.
Our Legal Basis for processing data
Organisations that collect and use personal data must have a lawful basis for doing so under data protection law and we are required to let you know the lawful basis on which we rely to process your personal data. We rely upon the following lawful bases:
- Your consent to use your data for a particular purpose (for example to send you direct marketing by e-mail or to collect sensitive personal data);
- Where the use of the data is in our “legitimate interests” (see below for more information);
- Where we need to process your data in order to perform our obligations under a contract that we have entered into with you (for example to enrol you in an event or provide you with access to resources) and to process data where we are under a legal obligation to do so.
Protection of personal data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed, according to the GDPR regulation.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us.